These are current job listings in our member schools. If you would like to list a job on this website, please send the job advertisement as either a Word file or PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a global listing of jobs in geography see the “Jobs in Geography Center” provided by the AAG.
- Adjunct Instructor/Assistant Professor, Geography of Latin America, Hofstra University, Fall 2015. Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. The Department of Global Studies and Geography at Hofstra University is seeking an adjunct Instructor/Assistant Professor to teach the Geography of Latin America, for Fall 2015. This UG class meets meet at 4:30 pm – 5:55 pm on Monday and Wednesday. Candidates will also be required to hold at least one hour of office hours per week. Office space and access to a computer will be made available. The maximum enrollment for the class is 37 students. To be considered, the candidate must have at least a Master’s degree in geography or closely related discipline, prior university teaching experience of teaching classes on Latin America and broad based academic expertise in Latin American studies. Ph.D. and requisite teaching experience required for appointment at an Assistant Professor level. Salary is competitive. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and vita with the names of at least three references. Candidates who make the short-list will be asked to submit evidence of past teaching performance and three letters of recommendation. Please email applications to: email@example.com, with the words “Application for Adjunct Position, Fall 2015” in the subject line. We will review applications until the position is filled, but it is preferred that applications reach us by no later than May 10, 2015. More information about the Department can be found here. Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
- Geography Faculty at Bethlehem, PA Campus Deadline: March 30th, 2015.
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania, seeks a full-time temporary position in Physical Environmental Geography. Review of applications will begin February 27th, 2015, but will be accepted until the position is filled. The Department of Geography invites applications for a full-time temporary position in Physical Environmental Geography to begin in the Fall 2015 semester. Ph.D in Geography preferred, ABD in geography within one year of completion at time of appointment required at a minimum. Applicants must have relevant training and two years (or equivalent) of college-level teaching experience. Particular interest is in a faculty capable of teaching environmentally-related courses complementary to our current offerings including Elements of Physical Geography. Ability to teach other undergraduate courses in Physical and Environmental Geography will be necessary to complete a 12 hour per semester teaching load. A successful classroom demonstration and interview(s) are required. Send a letter of application highlighting substantive training and teaching experience and ability. Also, submit a curriculum vitae, transcript(s) of all college-level work (unofficial acceptable while official transcripts are in transits), and three letters of reference to Dr. Steven Schnell, Search Committee Chair, Department of Geography, Kutztown University of Pennsylvania, Kutztown, PA 19530. Deadline: Review of applications will begin March 15, 2015 and will continue until the position is filled. No electronic submissions will be accepted. Kutztown University of Pennsylvania is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and actively solicits applications from minorities and women. Kutztown University is a member of the State System of Higher Education. The University is located between the diverse metropolitan areas of Allentown/Bethlehem and Reading, and within 60 minutes of the Philadelphia metropolitan area. The University is searching for faculty with extensive experience teaching diverse populations.
- Associate Professor at Penn State University Deadline: Review of applications begins October 17th, 2014
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Geography and Urban Studies, William Patterson University, beginning Spring 2015. Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled